STI and HIV/AIDS Prevention Program for Noi Bai International Airport T2 Construction
Goal: To enable the project staff, construction workers and members of the immediate communities to make healthy life choices with regards to STI and HIV/AIDS prevention
1. To improve the capacity of current medical team and EHS Department with regards to STI and HIV/AIDS prevention
2. To improve the awareness, knowledge and skills of project staff and construction workers with regards to STI and HIV/AIDS prevention
3. To minimize risks of STI and HIV/AIDS for members of the immediate communities
The project consists of various components, designed specifically to address an array of emerged issues:
– Information Education Communication campaigns and materials are developed to provoke active participation of related stakeholders and to boost transformation from awareness raising to behavior changing.
– Confidential counseling services (including internet website and 24/7 hotline) are constantly provided to help solve private problems.
– Condoms are delivered to construction staffs and workers to encourage best practices.
Partner: Taisei-Vinaconex and People’s Committee of related communes.
Prime beneficiaries: 5000 construction officers and workers, and an additional number of 2000 residents in surrounding communities.